Sunday, February 1, 2009

Experimental February

So February is going to be an experiment. An experiment in not drinking for a month, in trying to eat well, in setting an exercise goal for each week, and sticking to it. To see if a month of healthy living is enough time for palpable results in the realm of mind, body, spirit.
I figure that the shortest month is the one to try. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Given that today was Super Bowl Sunday I didn't eat incredibly well, but I refrained from beer, AND I had an excellent walk/run (much more walk than run) with my dog at the Greenway. It was an amazingly gorgeous day, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't close my eyes and breathe in deeply to really enjoy the wind and sunshine.
So this week's goals:
- 5 days of exercise. Two days of cardio and three days of strength training. It's time to start implementing some strength training so that I can tone up. I hate strength training, but it needs to be done. Tony brought me home this Women's Health 2009 Training Guide from the free bin at his work. I find a lot of the exercises to be very intimidating, but it's good motivation.
- Pass on the unhealthy snacks, most especially at work.
- Skip beer altogether, though we do have a birthday party coming up, so, if it must be consumed, 3 drink maximum.
Okay. Small, attainable goals are the road to change. So here we go.

No comments: