Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekends Are For Updates!

No? Yes!
I cleaned my oven! It wasn't fun. My knees are bruised from all of that kneeling. I had to bust out the scraper for the grill. It was dirty work. I had the day off on Friday, so I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom. It was therapeutic. I took the recyclables! I even vacuumed the coat closet!
I finished season 4 of "The Wire"! I haven't mentioned my deep and undying addiction to that show yet, have I? A late bloomer, but a bloomer nonetheless. That show is effing amazing. I've never seen anything like it. It really is a secret portal into an unknown world. I am absolutely captivated by it and have been moved to probably every single human emotion while watching this show. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. Try it for yourself. I have become a crazy convert and my religion is "The Wire." Do it!
I went to my book club! Month three of keeping my New Year's Resolution to attend all book club meetings this year. Sadly, I will miss next month's meeting, but since it's for a family affair, I will not beat myself up over it. This month's book was Annie Dillard's An American Childhood. I thought of it as a more thoughtful, less bitter, less funny David Sedaris. That doesn't make it sound as good as I actually thought it was though. It was really insightful. Just sort of random essay-like chapters - snapshots of a childhood. I really enjoyed it. It was relate-to-able - very unlike "The Wire." Ha.
I went to The Old Spaghetti Factory and the Wild Beaver! I sang karaoke!
I ate a delicious home cooked meal with my common-law-in-laws.
I browned butter and baked spaghetti squash, neither of which turned out all that spectacularly.
I might be going to Tampa for a summer vacation with my best friend, who I haven't seen in over a year. Words cannot express how much I hope this plan pans out.
I'm going to see DMB in April, and I'm not even embarrassed to admit my deep and undying love for their music.
I love this weather we've been having!

1 comment:

The Blonde Mule said...

I've never seen The Wire, but everyone at work loves it. I think I'll try & watch it on DVD this summer. I've heard it's amazing.