Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blizzards

I had something really great to say about my trip to MI, but I lost it. Something succinct and perfect and honest. But it vanished. So here's the rundown:
I got caught in a blizzard on my way up, which surprisingly hasn't happened to me before. I stayed in a hotel by myself in Indiana. I finished the drive the following morning and made it in time to buy baby shower gifts and head over to help with preparations. I ate too much food and helped play baby games and open presents. I spent the day with the women in my family and my brother. Later I had drinks with my aunt and her friends. Then I met my mom and brother for karaoke. I sang karaoke in Eaton Rapids. I did the Cupid Shuffle. My brother and I danced to "Stayin' Alive." He does a mean fuckin' Worm. Like three feet off the floor. Impressive. When I got home from the "bar" my grandpa made me a drunken omelet. The next morning, I drove home.
A lot of driving. Tense driving. But definitely worth it.
And. Had I stayed three extra days, I could've met my first cousin once removed. He came three weeks early. Zachery Robert. I'm still awaiting pictures. Mom and baby are doing well.

No comments: