Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some Things

1. A man three times my age asked me to go to the symphony with him while also ensuring me that he is not a dirty old man. I've never been to the symphony. I kind of want to go. But I can't decide. I can't decide whether it's an opportunity to hang out with an interesting person and have a very unique life experience. Or if I would simply find myself out on a date with an 80-year-old Frenchman wondering how I get myself into such odd situations.

2. Work is picking up. I am starting to really get the hang of my new job. And to like it.

3. My brother is coming to visit me next month. He is 15. He's going to be staying a little over a month. Anybody have family friendly, low-cost ideas for stuff we could do? So far I've got movies in the park, roller derby, a three-day trip to visit more family in Alabama on the roster. Maybe some bowling? Skating? 'Cept those aren't that cheap. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him while I'm at work all day. I was hoping to find him some sort of summer employment to keep him busy while I'm bringing in the bacon, but I haven't had much luck with the small amount of effort I've put into that one. Me and the bro in the treehouse! Should be interesting!

1 comment:

The Blonde Mule said...

Go to the symphony. You only live once.

Meet him there though. And pay for your own drinks/dinner.