Thursday, May 6, 2010

Flood

We had one. Pretty epic. It's way worse than even I realized that it was. I took a whore-bath today in my efforts to conserve water. They are surprisingly refreshing!
I wish I had lots of facts for all of you non-Nashvillians to inform you about our recent hardships, but I don't. I do know that the damage wasn't spread evenly. Some parts of town look completely normal and other parts are still underwater.
Thankfully my home is fine and everyone that I know is safe, but that's not the case for many. This guy sums it up nicely:
Almost all of the bloggers in my blog roll have addressed the issue much more eloquently than I have here. I urge you to check out And Another Thing and The Blonde Mule in particular.
My office organized volunteer activities for tomorrow afternoon, so I think that that's when it's really going to hit home. I'm glad to be able to do something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People outside of this area don't realize how bad it was, mainly for all the reasons I love living here. People helping people just doesn't make the headlines like looting and other assorted social calamities.