Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Bug

No, not a post about roaches this time, although there was one in the bathroom last night that I thankfully did not see, but it managed to make Tony whimper in fear. I pledged my fealty to him after he zapped it into oblivion with bleach and disposed of it in the toilet.
Ok, this wasn't supposed to be a roach post. So no, the bug I'm referencing here is that bug that gets into me every year about this time. Just as Thanksgiving is coming, short work weeks, a chill in the air (unless you live in Middle Tennessee, where the temperature is still in the 70's...), that space between Thanksgiving and Christmas when there are extra baked goods lying about, and your dedicated work ethic starts to plunge. Off the charts.
I have no enthusiasm. I have no will. I want to sit at my desk and surf the Internet. Or better yet, chat with my co-workers, torture my cubemate with useless chatter. Anything but focus. And drink coffee in an attempt to keep from eating chocolates.
Alas, no bah humbug, although I'm not much into the actual spirit of the holidays. Money is tight after FINALLY getting the car legal. Paying tickets, paying mechanics, repaying friends who toted me around for weeks with gift cards. I feel I'm definitely on the edge of an abyss. How am I going to buy Christmas presents? That's what makes Christmas for me...hmmm.

No comments: