Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Life Is a Musical

Ok. It's not. And ok, I stole that line from Andre 3000...but there are a few songs that fill me with longing whilst I sit at my desk with my headphones on. Something about these songs makes me want to break out into song and dance and have all of my co-workers join me in choreographed dance numbers. Is that weird? Do other people do this? Sometimes I think I might do well as a character on Scrubs.
Hmm...so my weekend was action packed, considering my boyfriend was out of town. I hit up the Riverdale-Smyrna high school football game to watch Tony's cousin play, and while Smyrna was our crosstown rival, that's only the second time I've stepped into their football stadium. It was filled with all of the scary teenagers you might imagine. Every time I end up with Tony's family for some function and his teenaged cousins are around, I find myself thanking God that I'm no longer that age and wonder how anyone ever survives high school. It's like a time bomb of nerves and stress and drama and a bunch of kids who think they are the shit. Only to discover once you graduate that yes, there is life beyond high school, that does not revolve around you. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
Almost like the giant roach I chased into the linen closet the other night. All by myself. No Tony to pick up the carcass, which is lucky since I didn't manage to kill it but instead chased it into the refuge of my towels and extra blankets. Nice.
Saturday found me yard saling. I don't think I was magnificent, but it was a fun day. I came home with a nice little profit (which I managed to spend later that night) and some funny stories:
-an unnamed party who let out a dainty little squeak (and by squeak I mean fart) while lugging around a king sized mattress.
-a very happy couple who took home the Black Jesus.
-and yes, I did regale an unfortunate couple with the joys of watching Brad Pitt eat finger food all through Ocean's Eleven. Watch it - you'll see exactly what I mean.
Then there was a hockey game with my pal, Lacy, who I love very much but hardly see. Then there was a lot of drinking, Mafiaoza's pizza which I never got a bite of, and a search for my keys (and H20) when we finally made it home.
Sunday Lacy took me to the Titans game (my first ever!), but I didn't fully enjoy it due to my lack of restraint the previous evening combined with the onset of allergy city. Sunday evening, finally curled up on my couch, still a little wary of six-legged pests, the allergies set in and rendered me useless.
Anyway, it was a good weekend. Full of adventure. Next weekend we're driving to Michigan for the MSU-UM game. I get to see lots of kids I went to college with and my best friend. And I'll get to see my family for brunch before coming back home. I'm pretty excited.
Car's back in the shop (again), so Tony will probably have to drive. I'm not complaining though. He's got the cd player.

No comments: