Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yard Sale

So today is the big day. I don't think I've kept y'all very updated about my life, just the random thoughts that wander through my mind. Well, for about the last two weeks, I've been helping my friend, The Mullet, prep for our "joint" yard sale. I use "joint" as loosely as possible, considering I've contributed about 1/8 of the goods.
So now I'm scarfing down some Special K Red Berries (yum) and getting ready to head over there. I have to say, I'm a mixture of excited and nervous...I guess that would be anxious. I think it's going to be really fun haggling with people and watching things get sold, but I've never done this before, and it occurred to me this morning that I'm also a little intimidated by the task. So we'll see how it goes. Hopefully we'll sell a ton of stuff and still be in relatively high spirits by the end of it.
In other news, I took my car to the mechanic yesterday...for about the fifth time this month - and that's not an exaggeration - to see what's up with my check engine light. And, after two tickets for my expired tags, I went ahead and failed my emissions test, so hopefully if I get pulled over again, I can show that I've tried. Oh, frustration.
At least if I sell some junk I'll have the money for whatever repairs my car may need this time.

1 comment:

Emotional Mullet said...

You are the greatest yard sale-er ever! You did such a good job! I could have never, ever, in a trillion years been able to do this without you. Rattlesnake Pasta: here we come! Love you!