Sunday, October 7, 2007

today i feel kind of sick

Like the kind of sick you feel when you've eaten too many cookies. Although to be honest, that doesn't happen to me very often, because I can really put away some cookies. There are a couple of things making me feel this way, but I think the top of the list is my mother.
There's been a lot of drama in the Nichole House for the past year, mitigated by my mother and her new beau and the unfortunate events surrounding his miserable existence.
I don't suppose that it's appropriate to get into such things in a public forum. But let's suffice it to say that I am not happy with my mother's choice in men and what with my brother being thirteen, her choice in men isn't something that only has an effect on her.
Well, and on Thursday I found out that she didn't file the divorce papers like she said she was going to (once he was in jail). And she's "undecided" about what she's going to do, which means that for the second time since June she has decided not to file for a divorce.
Perhaps a little back story is necessary. My mom met this guy last summer. She married him on Christmas Eve. He's a "recovering" alcoholic with an ex-wife and three kids in Chile. For the past year my mother has been a crazy person that I do not recognize. This woman is not the same woman who raised me.
And thinking about it all and what it means for my brother, and what it says about my mother and what her priorities are just makes me literally sick to my stomach. It makes me worry about so many things. Whether my brother will be safe in his own home. What the man is teaching my brother. What my mother is filling his head with to make him accept "Beau" being back in their house again. Whether my brother will lose all his trust in my mother after she says one thing and does another regarding very important situations in their lives. How my brother is going act out when he gets frustrated. What my brother is going to learn about men and women and relationships living in their house. How he'll vent his anger. What he'll be getting into while my mother is worried about the other man who's the priority in her life.
I just feel overwhelmed by all of it. I don't know how my brother feels about everything. I don't even know how much she has talked to him about it. I just feel disgusted that my mother would put a man before her own child and that she fails to see that that's what she's doing. It makes me sick.
And I don't know how to handle it. I don't know how to deal with it. I don't know how to talk to her. I am at a loss.

No comments: