Thursday, February 28, 2008

Disappearing Knife Trick

I put the dishes away this morning, at work, which sometimes pisses me off when I think about how some people here don't do it at all and just leave it to others to take care of things that they use just as much as anyone else. But ooh, let's not get me started on that one. The point is that I noticed our knives are disappearing. We used to have a lot. Today we had two. It's been kind of an issue with all of our silverware for the last few months.
Today it made me wonder whether people are hoarding them now that they've noticed our supply is shrinking, like the gas shortage in the 70's. I can just see people furtively hiding "their" knife in their desk drawers for future use. If only I'd used this method to remain in possession of my cool Starbucks mug, which disappeared after 1.5 weeks here in the office. And no one will fess up to stealing it, even though I know that's what happened.

3 comments:

muggins mouse said...

like i said, I think the knives are mating, and spawning baby spoons, which then grow up to be big spoons. (hence the plethura [wink wink] of spoons these days). then, the knives are dying after they procreate, hence the lack of knives. we need to form a knife support group.

I feel the same way about my butter as you do about your mug. I know people ask me sometimes to use it, but not nearly as often as they probably just say, "eeh, she won't care." I return to find my butter abused, fork marks and toast crumbs filling it's tub. i even had a dream about people in the kitchen constantly asking me if they could use my butter and i went ape shit.

Emotional Mullet said...

I have your mug and I am hoarding all the knives in it.

Emotional Mullet said...

Meghann, I promise that I make sure there are no toast crumbs after I abuse your butter. Meghann makes me laugh.