Thursday, May 8, 2008

Knock You on Your Ass Sensor

Haven't heard of that? A knock sensor is this little mechanism on your car's engine that monitors the gasoline/spark plug/piston chugging of your engine to optimize the timing of the explosion. (That's a rough description - don't quote me on it). That little gizmo cost me over $600 to identify and correct last year. And it was just loose, which is why it took four mechanics to figure out why my check engine light wouldn't go off so that I could pass my emissions test.
And apparently, it has struck again. I took my car to Autozone last night after work so that they could run the diagnostic on it. It came back as the knock sensor again. So I guess I'll be taking it back to Trickett Honda, where they'll probably charge me another $100 to tighten it, so that it can loosen again in six months.
Jesus Christo. Sometimes, I just want to run my car into a pond and claim that it's been stolen. Or I wish that it would spontaneously combust while I'm not in it. I have about a year left to pay on it, and it has cost me so much extra money in repairs and tows and tickets (for expired registration), that at this point I could have bought a brand new Honda and saved myself the time and trouble. Cuss, cuss, cuss. I mean, it would be worth four more years of car payments if I could get rid of this p.o.s. car without paying the remaining balance. But that doesn't happen in the real world, now does it?
Note to self: Suck it up, honey. You're building character. It could be worse, right?

No comments: