Tuesday, January 19, 2010

EXTRA EXTRA

Read all about it:

I'm going to be an extra in a movie that's filming here in Nashville. I have no idea what this really entails or what I'll be doing. But it falls under the category of "new things to do," which was a pre-req for this year's activities.

I am excited but also filled with this startling, freaky piece of self-awareness: I will have to lose ten pounds in the next five weeks in order to look on-screen the way that I look right now! Ha ha. Leave it to me to freak out about such things. It'll probably be that my elbow is the only thing that makes it into the frame.

In other news... I got a haircut, I had a girls' movie night that turned into a girls' domino night. I watched District 9, which did not disappoint.

And. I love my dog. I've started leaving him out of his kennel when I'm gone. So far (two weeks' far), he has done beautifully. It is so much better knowing that he can stretch out on the couch during the day (or evening) if he so chooses than of thinking of him anxiously shivering in his cage, desperately awaiting my return and his freedom.

Now that's what I call: Progerse*.

*I'm currently reading the Sirens Of Titan. That Vonnegut, he really knows how to string some words together. Just the right words, I'd say.

No comments: