Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cheesy Pick-up Lines

Are actually my favorite kind. I don't think I'm well-versed enough in the ways of the world to spot a really smooth move, should it have ever been laid upon me. So I'd always be willing to give a guy some credit for even trying these lame 2-liners. Something today brought up my all-time favorites. In descending order...
#1. Guy: You've got great hair.
Girl: (Smiles gratefully) Thanks!
Guy: It would look even better in my lap.
Surprisingly, no one at work had heard this before! And it's been my favorite since I was like 17.

#2. Guy: Are you tired?
Girl: Um...no, why?
Guy: From running through my mind all day.
(This one is particularly funny to me, because this is typically the first time that guy has ever seen girl).

#3. Guy: Are you from Tennessee?
Girl: Actually, yeah I am. Why?
Guy: 'Cause you're the only 10 I see.
(I used to get this one a lot when I was at school in Michigan. I'd always get excited like it was my sweet accent that they were recognizing. Not so much. It usually came from people who already knew that's where I was from anyway.).

#4. Guy: Those are nice jeans.
Girl: Thanks.
Guy: They'd look even better in a ball on my floor.

#5. Guy: Did it hurt?
Girl: Did what hurt?
Guy: You know, when you fell from heaven. Did it hurt?

Oh, my. These are so hilarious to me. I think in my single days, I'd have hooked up with a guy just for being goofy enough to try one out on me. Assuming that he was saying it ironically, of course. Anyway, ladies...I've thrown open the gauntlet (to quote Good Will Hunting...um, and some other guy, I think), I know you've got some. Share and share alike.

3 comments:

Emotional Mullet said...

GUY: Do you wash your jeans in Windex?

GIRL: No. Why?

GUY: 'Cuz I can see myself in your pants.

Unknown said...

No one has ever said this to me, but I'm patiently waiting:

"You could be my black Kate Moss tonight"

I envision it as more of a question than a statement.

ND said...

Oh God. I love that line too!