Wednesday, March 31, 2010

LoveFest

So when I got back on Monday, I took my dog for a stroll around my neighborhood. But first I went to the Produce Place and picked up my bi-weekly brown bag of goods. I love the Produce Place. I love buying groceries. I love putting my groceries away and seeing my full refrigerator and my full cupboards. It makes me feel like a grown up. As if I've accomplished a major feat by being able to feed myself (I guess I sort of have, but, you know). It makes me feel secure to see all of that food in there, especially the healthy stuff. Veggies for colorful salads and organic milk and quinoa. And I love my neighborhood. I love the houses. I love meandering through the state streets with my dog and never getting tired of picking out which house is my favorite. Which houses I'd want to live in. Which one is better than the other and for what reason. I love those first warm days when everyone is out. And I can get a glimpse of the people whose houses I've been envying for months. On days like this one, I love being alive. Can smell life in the air. The sadness and negativity and bullshit fall off, and what's left is the person that I wish I were all the time.
Fleeting, perhaps, but at least she's in there somewhere, right? Just waiting for a little sunshine...

No comments: