Saturday, November 13, 2010

Recipe Reviews

So I made the first three recipes. The Spicy Cauliflower Stew turned out deliciously. The goat cheese gave it a great flavor. The second one didn't turn out as well. I used fat free milk instead of 1%, and so my creamy sauce didn't thicken the way it should have. Tonight I made the Vegetable Pie, and I had the same problem. I used less milk 'cause I thought that would help with the thickening, and it looked very promising until I baked it. The sauce got really thin during baking and lost all resemblance to the picture. It just looked watery. No creaminess. Next time I'll be sure to get 1%. I guess chemistry requires a little fat.
Now I'm making chocolate chip cookies. They never let me down. I've got that recipe down pat.
Tomorrow I'm going to a Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner hosted by some girls from work, and I'm making a butternut squash apple casserole. I hope it will be good. If not, I'll ply them with the cookies to distract them.

No comments: