Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday

This morning I woke up at 8 and got to work cleaning the treehouse. Not quite as thorough as I'd hoped since I didn't have any dust-type cleaning product. But I dusted. I swept. I vacuumed. I moved my bed to make more room in the living area. I rearranged the rug about three different times. I'm 98% sure that it looks way more spacious now! I put away clutter. I hate clutter. I live in one room, clutter makes it seem even smaller.
Then I went to the Produce Place to pick up all of the produce on the list for the recipes I'm going to try. Stopped by Border's to pick up this month's book club selection, "Moneyball" by Michael Lewis. Then I went to Trader Joe's to get everything else on my list. I had to ask the guy at Trader Joe's what parsnips look like (I'd imagined small onions). They didn't have any. So I stopped by Harris Teeter to get the three things I was missing: parsnips, rutabaga, and ground mustard. At Harris Teeter someone helped me find rutabaga (was way off on what that one looked like as well). I spent a total of $134 on my groceries (which was $16 short of my budget! Yea!).
I stopped by a garage sale on my way home in search of a butter dish, but I didn't find one. I love putting away my groceries. It makes me feel like a successful grown up to have a full refrigerator and cupboards. Unfortunately I have a somewhat smaller than average fridge, so putting groceries up sometimes becomes a test of endurance.
But. After that. I made my first batch of banana muffins. They are currently cooling. They smell amazing. I was planning to go out to Smyrna this afternoon to see "Life As We Know It" (which I heard was pretty cute in a chick flick kind of way), but my date cancelled. Instead, I think I'm going to settle in with a banana muffin and disc 2 (season 1) of Nurse Jackie.
We might go to the dog park later. The evening is wide open! I love a lazy Saturday almost as much as I love a lazy Sunday.

No comments: