Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today Was A Good Day

And it's not even over yet! Apparently being sans boyfriend makes me very prolific. I feel the need to update all three of you on my every single move. Day 2 of Solobacheloria has matched my forecast quite well, though I didn't make it to the dentist - I got up too late.
I did, however, make it to work early. I hit up Trader Joe's during my lunch hour. It was my first time. Oh my crap. I think that that store made my day. Possibly my week. I dropped $100 on my first selfish grocery excursion in years. I am not going to lie, I bought every single thing that I wanted. It was awesome. If there was a cult of Trader Joe's I would be there, drinking the Kool-Aid.
I still managed to get in some overtime. I left promptly at 5:30. I took my dog for an awesome walk/run around our well-landscaped complex. I am currently making Polenta Provencale: With Spinach & Peas in a Spicy Creamy Sauce. Tonight's movie shall be The Wackness or Mamma Mia! I may top it off with ice cream before attending my dance party for one. I may not.
Have a day like this. Where you do some little things that make your heart happy. Where you find yourself enjoying some unexpected pleasure (like organic, preservative-free food that doesn't cost as much as a small pony). Do something nice for yourself today. Or tomorrow. Or Saturday. You won't regret it.

No comments: