Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ten Things

I'm stealing this from my friends. Call me a plagiarist, I don't really care.
1. The Spartans made it to the Championship game but didn't win. I still won my office pool though.
2. I am helping with baby shower preparations for next weekend. I'm actually somewhat excited now that I've Googled some activities to contribute.
3. My boyfriend is going to Vegas for almost a week. I don't mind. I think the alone time will be therapeutic, barring the roaches which will no doubt appear on a daily basis once he leaves.
4. I cannot wait for the steamy summer weather. It's around the bend, I can smell it.
5. My dog's face smells like @ss. It's his anal glands. It's disgusting.
6. I am reading This Side Of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald for my book club, even though I won't be attending it (due to the baby shower). This statement probably makes me a plebeian, but I don't get it. I didn't get The Great Gatsby either. I wonder if that would change now if I read it as an adult, but given my current project, I'd guess no.
7. We finished The Wire. Season 5 didn't live up the precedent set by the first four seasons, but all in all, it's still one of the best shows I've ever watched.
8. I want to go to Africa - Namibia. Botswana. South Africa. Ghana - I'm not picky. I just need to figure out how.
9. I'm starting to sort of like running. I still only do it in 3-6 minute intervals, but that's a hell of a lot more than I ever thought I'd do.
10. I need to buy a new bathing suit this season. Blegh. I don't want to.

No comments: