Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Word

To describe 2010. Wonju Wife sent me to this link today. Reverb10, it's called. The idea is to reflect on the past year and imagine what you'd like to see for the next year. Check it out if you're feeling philosophical about your life.

So what would my one word be? It's funny because I was contemplating this very thought last night. How could I sum up 2010? How could I sum up 2009? Because the two years are inextricably linked. Obviously, the years of one's life are always inextricably linked, but the events of last year have created everything in this one.

So how to sum all of that up?

2009 can be summed up in one word: rough. All I wanted at each moment of almost the entire year last year was to find myself in a much better place one year from that current moment.

2010 is harder to define. I'm definitely in a better place. But so many things are still the same. Yet different. This year hasn't been easy either. But I have learned some things. Important things. About myself. And life. And relationships. I'm in a much better place emotionally, even if my situation doesn't seem all that different than it did last year. I don't know that educational should be the word though. Growth? Movement? Evolution? Challenging? Bittersweet?

Better. I think the word for 2010 is simply "better."

Now, 2011, that will take a little more time.

1 comment:

danielle said...

I'm so glad you're doing this! Woot!