Monday, August 17, 2009

Birthday Wish List

I guess the month of one's birthday isn't a bad time to be moving into a new place and a new life. My 28th birthday neatly coincides with a time when I will be needing a few things. A better time to be needing such things than say, February, or June. Maybe my family will take pity and send me cash and/or gift cards?*

For new apartment/life:
1. Entertainment stand (currently the tv is residing on the tub of Christmas decorations; while this is fine for now, I want the new place to look like a grown-up lives there). I've got something low and shelfy and dark-wooded in mind.
2. Kitchen island. There is absolutely zero counter space at the new apt. Zero. Fridge. Sink. Stove. I will need some space to chop veggies for all of the lovely spreads I plan on preparing.
3. Computer. I know. How did I get to be this old without having my own computer? I think that makes me about six in technological years.
4. Etoile. I think that's how you spell it. There's no storage space in the bathroom. I'm thinking white. Target, maybe.
5. iPod. This is more of a want than a need (see #3)
6. Bookshelf. Could go dark-wood and modern-y with this one or maybe a more eclectic piece from the flea market or one of those crafty girls I hear about.
7. Bedside tables. I saw these awesome matching ones at the flea market. Wood painted sort of a shabby chic blue. Big and unique. Out of my price range though. But maybe something like them?
8. Area rug.
9. Curtains. No idea here. This is on the advice of the EmoMul who says it will help the wood panelling. I'm not big on curtains, so we'll see how that one goes.
10. End tables, a kitchen hutch, lamps, new couch. These are all maybe's.

I don't know how much is going to fit in the new place. I've got an idea of what I want my layout to be, but a lot depends on how much of what I've got will fit in the new space. Anyway. I'm excited. I'm hoping to get the keys by the end of the month. Then I can take a second look without the cloudy eye of excitement and start figuring out what will fit, what won't, what I need, what I have, what to store, what to sell, what to keep, what to buy.
It's nice to have something to look forward to and something to occupy my mind.

*This is not a hint hint for any of you lovely ladies who read my blog and actually know me, this is more like a planning tool and excitement generator for myself.

2 comments:

Emotional Mullet said...

I wanna help! I wanna help! I wanna help! Curtains will just break up all that dang wood and soften it a bit. That's allz I'm sayin.

ND said...

I know. I believe you.