Thursday, August 20, 2009

Most Grateful

You've never met a guy who is more grateful about a gift. New toys, new treats. It's like Christmas. It's like giving someone a present at Christmas that they fawn over and appreciate like it's the best gift they've ever received. He's like that every time!
He stole a Care Bear Cousins stuffed animal right out from under my nose the other day, but he was carrying it around so gently, and holding it, and loving on it, and sleeping with it between his paws, that I honestly couldn't take it away.
He gets the award for Most Grateful. It's funny how much this furry little weirdo means to me. How much he makes my days better. Makes me feel like I'm not alone in my single apartment. Makes me feel safe at night, even though he is not ferocious. Is excited to see me every time I come in the door, even if I've only been gone for 30 seconds. I am most grateful to have him. Couldn't ask for a better guy.

No comments: