Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This Is A Story And You're Not In It, Uh Huh


Ok. It's not a story. That's just a line from a song by Frightened Rabbit that gets stuck in my head all of the time.

I'm running a water station for the Country Music Marathon. I'm about to make a list of all of the tasks that this will require. I like this, because it keeps my brain busy. I like having something constructive taking up my headspace. It's so rare.

I'm reading The Catcher In The Rye for this month's book club. Jesus, Holden Caulfield is wordy. Some of it I can still relate to even at this age, some of it I'm like, "When are you going to shut up, Holden?" I remember reading it in high school and not getting what the big deal was. I hope to get more out of it this time.

Tony's niece and nephew are coming to work with me on Thursday for Kids' Day. I'm also volunteering as a group leader, so I'll be spending the day with a bunch of 8 year olds. Volunteering all over the place for me. Should be fun.

The winter has left me chubbier instead of in better shape. This does not bode well. Life seems to always get in the way of health. I don't know how I did it two years ago, but I need to get back to the magical dedication and will power I had going on then.

My dog has a mohawk. It's starting to grow on me. He pulls it off pretty well, but it still takes me a second to figure out why people are staring at us on our walks.


No comments: